Thursday, July 24, 2008

July 9th

I honestly am beginning to love this age of my boys. Today was Daddy's (Richard) birthday. Can you believe he is now 34? So the boys and I went shopping on our way home from school. I told them that they could each pick out something for Daddy for his birthday but it had to be within reason on cost and something he would like not a new toy that they wanted.

So off we went - walking through the men's section Charlie took off running and grabbed a pair of super hero pajama pants. They were perfect in his eyes - it had every imaginable hero on the pants- the only problem were they were about 2 sizes too big. But I just could not bring myself to tell him as he was so pleased with his choice.

Then Nicholas found a pair of Batman boxers. There is a huge Bat symbol right over the center of the boxers - of course exactly what Richard wanted. But these too were what Nicholas fell in love with for his present to his Daddy.

So then Cameron was walking around shopping - he was a little harder to find something for his Daddy. But he came across a t-shirt he liked. It was a navy shirt but then I saw the picture - it had a man with a air cloud coming from behind and the words "Free Gas". I started laughing and he said per Cameron - "It is a pooty shirt". So seeing it was not THAT bad I let him get it.

For the first time they picked out their own gifts for their Daddy. Such a big step in our household. Wonder if Daddy will take them shopping for my birthday next year???

1 comments:

Dawn said...

haha, priceless :-)